Monday 16 January 2012

A Classless Society

A comment by Tyrone Jenkins on a previous blog entry asks whether I intend to write a sequel to my previous books Crisis? What Crisis? and Rejoice! Rejoice!

And the answer is that I am indeed contracted to produce a third volume in the series, provisionally titled A Classless Society: Britain in the 1990s.

This will cover the period from Margaret Thatcher's dethronement in November 1990 through to the re-election of Tony Blair in June 2001. And it'll be the usual chaotic mix of high politics and low culture - though in this instance, the politics were a bit on the low side as well.

Like the previous two volumes, it will be published by Aurum Press, with the same editor - Sam Harrison - that I worked with on my Terry Nation book. It should appear next year, though I'm hoping there'll be an interim piece on the period available for download in March this year.

3 comments:

The Inane Rambler said...

Excellent, am looking forward to it!

Alwyn W. Turner said...

Thank you, Kieran. As I read more about the 1990s, I find myself wondering about an alternate history of the kind you do so magnificently (http://inaneramblingsofahistorystudent.blogspot.com/):

What if ... Bryan Gould had become Labour leader in 1992?

The Inane Rambler said...

Thank you! And that does look interesting, I don't know masses about Bryan Gould, however it can be added to my list of alternate histories to create. Watch this space (also shamelessly ensuring further reading of said blog...)