Friday 18 May 2012

A hundred days later...

Today is the hundredth day since I started to write my book on the 1990s, the sequel to Crisis? What Crisis? and Rejoice! Rejoice!. And it currently stands at just over 105,000 words, which means that I'm five days ahead of schedule, since I aim to average a thousand words a day.

And that's good news, because back on day 25, I was four days behind schedule, with a daily average of just 852 words.

I'm not entirely sure it's healthy that I should know such things. But I keep an Excel spreadsheet, into which I enter the wordcount every day, and which then calculates daily and weekly averages. A touch Aspergian perhaps, but it does entertain me when I get to the end of a long night's writing, so I shall continue.

Obviously I don't want to spoil the ending for any potential readers, but I have to say that John Major's grip on power is looking very insecure at the moment.

1 comment:

Tyrone Jenkins said...

Whats your view of the forthcoming Jubilee junket? A celebration of over indulged parasites enthusiastically backed by a cringeing media? Money ill-spent at a time of swingeing public sector cuts? Or a bit of jolly bunting-strewn fun providing a collect uplift and adding to the gaeity of the nation?! What was your attitude to the Silver Jubilee of 1977 vis Sex Pistols, 'Stuff the Jubilee' etc?