Monday 2 April 2012

Starting the Week

I've now had a chance to listen to some of Start the Week from Radio 4 this morning, and it sounds okay. Well, obviously it sounds okay - Andrew Marr is a very good presenter, and there's a fine production team on the programme, headed by Katy Hickman. What I really mean to say is that I sound okay on it, which is a relief. And indeed I rather enjoyed it.

Seems to have done sales some good as well. Last time I looked Things Can Only get Bitter was nestling outside the top 50,000 or so Amazon's chart of Kindle best-sellers; this afternoon it was in the top 200. I expect I've just put the mockers on that.

2 comments:

jeepster said...

It was actually a lively start the week and surprisingly Janet Daly didn't get her oar in as much as usual....you'll be on question time next with George Galloway, Nick Clegg and Katie Price

Alwyn W. Turner said...

One of the points I didn't get round to making was that when Question Time decides it ought to have a left-wing perspective, it does tend to call on one of the cultural figures from the missing generation: Mark steele, Will Self, Armando Iannucci, Jarvis Cocker... There doesn't seem a political equivalent to whom they can turn.