Friday 6 April 2012

Things slightly less bitter...

The promotion for my e-book Things Can Only Get Bitter continues apace. Yesterday evening I was on LBC talking about it with Iain Dale, which was very agreeable, and this morning there's a review in the Guardian by John Harris - author of the excellent The Last Party, one of the best books about the 1990s.

'Fascinating stuff,' says Mr Harris, 'Turner's text contains plenty of astute observations.' Well, he says some other things as well, but that'll be the main bit I quote.

He does add: 'The story demands a telling that is more expansive (as in Turner's book about the 1980s, Rejoice, Rejoice!) and more methodical.'

That'll be coming next year. For now, Things Can Only Get Bitter is a taster for the big book, and is still available for the price of a Sunday newspaper.

2 comments:

artista povera said...

I heard you talking on Start The Week about Things Can Only Get Bitter and thought 'at last, at last, someone is articulating something I've felt for years!' I was born in 1958 and think you're bang on. I was disappointed to read that you're only making this available as an e-book. Why? And above you talk of it being a 'taster' for a bigger book. Will its text be included in the bigger book and when will this come out as a hard copy? I really don't want to buy a kindle but I very much want to read your book.

Alwyn W. Turner said...

Thanks for your comment. If you email me: alwyn at AlwynWTurner dot com, I'll find a way around the Kindle-less problem.